Sunday, September 28, 2008

Into the Black Hole: Homework until Eternity

I went to Octoberfest at Penn Brewery, which means German bands, dancing, yelling stories, and the coolest hang-over I've had since I turned twenty-one. I watched the tale end of the debate, not drinking water, and fell asleep on a sweet couch.
In the morning, there was puking.
Then the puking of water.
And now my clavicle hurts.

So I didn't get much done this weekend, which is fine.
Lots of coordinating and sorting things out. A couple Ideas of import.
I just have to read "The Woman Warrior" and a couple essays for Tuesday.
But my collected syllabi are totally not cool and we aren't talking anymore.

2 comments:

Angel Surdin said...

If you got that tanked at Octoberfest and it isn't even October yet? What'll this next month bring? (You know. The month of October.)

And for which class are you reading "The Woman Warrior" (such a great piece!)?

Good luck!

misanthropic bastard said...

Oh, I don't even know Angel. I'm thinking of bucking the future in favor of pancreatitis, but then I'll never get to fly on the new Airbus, a tragedy that I can't articulate effectively sober.
Also, I'm reading "The Woman Warrior" for Reading Women Writers. I liked the first two stories/chapters, but I wasn't so into the third.

And thanks, you too.